Sonntag, 28. August 2011

Less might not always be more, but at least it's something...

Don't laugh, but in my exasperation I got Crispin this:


Any idea what it is?! Is it a saddle?! No, not really. Is it a treeless saddle?! No, not really either. It's a bareback pad!!! One that not only made it through high school but also earned it's degree at university. But still, it is just a bareback pad.

It is called a "Sheepskin Saddle" (this one is a "Iberica Plus", hence the spanish look). Sheepskin on the bottom, sheepskin on the top, two seperate foam pannels in between (to allow for some spine clearence) rings to put on stirrups and two foam rolls to give the rider some support.

It seems to be all the hype right now and I decided to give it a try. Of course I'm still looking for a  "real" saddle, but it's not going to happen anytime soon. Even if I would find one today it would most likely take another 8-12 weeks to be made. I decided that Crispin needs to be ridden, not all that much or often, but on a regular basis, and that is where this pad comes in.

I already sat in it twice, rode Crispin walk/trot and so far so good. I don't plan on using it more than 2-3 times a week, depending how well it works out for both of us.

Few more pictures of the thing:




Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen